Colorado Super Lawyer
Boulder County Bar Association John Robert Marshall Pro Bono Award
Ron Porter Community Service Award
Boulder County Bar Association Pro Bono Award Individual
100% Firm Participation
1994-2004, 2008-2011, 2014-2018
2000 Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Case of the Year Finalist
Schuler v. City of Boulder
Born and raised in Colorado, Mr. Jung obtained his B.A. from Adams State College in 1984. He obtained his Juris Doctor from Washburn University, School of Law in 1987.
Mr. Jung has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in real estate in 2006 and 2014-2020. He was nominated as a case of the year finalist for Schuler v. City of Boulder, by the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association in 2000. He has also received Pro-Bono Awards by the Boulder County Bar Association from 1993-2004, 2008-2011, and the John Robert Marshall Pro Bono Award in 2016. He received the Ron Porter Community Service Award by the Boulder County Bar Association in 2000. Mr. Jung has been active in community non-profits as past chair and director for I Have a Dream Foundation of Boulder County and the Serenity Center for Personal Growth.
Prior to founding the firm of Jung, Karavas & Kranz, P.C.., Mr. Jung was a partner at the Denver law firm of Grund, Dagner & Jung; previous to that, Mr. Jung was president and owner of the Boulder firm Jung & Associates, P.C., where he practiced in the area of real estate and business with an emphasis in litigation. He has been lead trial counsel in complex commercial and real estate litigation which include real estate transactions, access and boundary disputes, condemnation, title issues, antitrust, international trade, patent and copyright infringement, trade secret theft, and contract issues. Corporate transactions include formation, acquisitions, mergers, and sales. His real estate practice includes sales, land use, and development.
Mr. Jung has also been qualified and has testified as an expert in the area of easements.
Adams State College – B.A. 1984
Washburn University, School of Law – J.D., 1987
State of Colorado, 1988
United States District Court for the District of Colorado, 1988
United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1997
United States Supreme Court, 1999
Colorado Bar Association
Real Estate Law Section Council Member, 2018 – present
Boulder County Bar Association
Co-chair Business Section, 2003-2004
Co-chair Real Estate Section, 2014-2016
Treasurer, 2018 – 2019
President Elect, 2019
Boulder County Bar Foundation
Sustaining Life Fellow, Director, 2018 – present
Boulder County Partners, Inc., Director, 2002-2004
Boulder County I Have a Dream Foundation Mentor, 1998-2005
Past Chair and Director, 1995-2001
The Serenity Center for Personal Growth, Boulder, CO, Past Chair and Mentor, 1990-1992
- Surveyor as an Expert Witness, Speaker, Professional Land Surveyors of Colorado, Inc., Norther Chapter, Longmont, CO., (February 2020)
- Title Issues Created by Standard Real Estate Contract Forms, speaker, CLE, Boulder County Bar Association, Boulder, CO., March 2018.
- Ethics & Professionalism in Divisive Times (Co-Author), All Bar CLE Presentation, Boulder, CO (December 2017)
- Resolving Real Estate-related Disputes in Colorado (Co-Author), National Business Institute, Denver, CO (December 2014)
- Title Commitments – Nuts and Bolts, Boulder County Bar Association, Boulder, CO (September 2014)
- Resolving Real Estate Title Defects, National Business Institute, Denver, CO (August 2008)
- Real Estate Transactions: Simple Becomes Solid (Litigation Perspectives), National Business Institute, Denver, CO (November 2006)
- Public Employee’s Right to Free Speech, Boulder County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, Boulder, CO (May 17, 2005)
- Buying and Selling the Mom and Pop Business in Colorado, National Business Institute, Denver, CO (November 2003)
- Public Symposium on Recent Events in Corporate America and the New Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Moderator and Speaker, Boulder County Bar Association (November 2002)
- Short Sale Assistance in Colorado and Under MARS, Colorado Lawyer (January 2012)
- Resolving Real Estate Title Defects, Co-Author, National Business Institute, Denver, CO (August 2008)
- Real Estate Transactions: Simple Becomes Solid (Litigation Perspectives), Co-Author, National Business Institute, Denver, CO (November 2006)
- Ethical Obligations When Representing or Advising in the Sale or Purchase of a Closely-Held Business, Boulder County Bar Association Newsletter (December 2003)
- Buying and Selling the Mom and Pop Business in Colorado, Co-Author, National Business Institute, Denver, CO (November 2003)
- Corporate Fraud – Is Anyone Doing Anything?, Co-Author, Boulder County Bar Association Newsletter (December 2002)
- Free Speech – Public Employee’s Right to Blow the Whistle, 47 Trial Talk, Issue 6 (June 1998)
- Analysis of the 1995 Amendments to the Motor Vehicle Repair Act of 1977, Colorado Lawyer (December 1996)
Attorney of Counsel
2015 Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, Boulder County Bar Association
Lila Sol, of counsel at Jung & Associates, brings experience ranging in high-dollar litigation to non-profit litigation. She further brings well-rounded experience and knowledge from her work with the Boulder County District Court, including her experience conducting nearly 900 court conferences. Lila’s unique legal perspective and skill is founded in her diverse legal background, including successful litigation of high conflict cases, high-dollar and multi-state litigation, and legally complex subject-matter jurisdiction and constitutional issues. Lila continues to bring her practicality and keen ability to understand people, and their needs, to assisting the clients of Jung & Associates in solving a variety of civil legal issues.
Millikin University (Illinois), BA 1997
University of Denver Sturm College of Law (Colorado), JD 2012
Admission to Colorado Bar, 2012
Colorado Bar Association
Boulder County Bar Association
Volunteer Attorney: Boulder County Access to Justice Quarterly Free Legal Clinics and 20th Judicial District Ask-an-Attorney clinic
Director: Bridge to Justice, former Board of Directors Member (August 2014 – August 2015).
Faculty (CLE), Colorado Bar Association and Boulder County Bar Association, 2014-Present
Podcast Co-Host: Creator, writer, producer and co-host of the Boulder County Bar Association’s monthly legal podcast, The People’s LawPod (2020)
Co-presenter/Producer: Statewide Judicial Training Video Series on County Court Basics (Civil Protection Orders, 2017)
- Passed amendments to County Court Rule 365 through the Supreme Court Rules Committee, January 2017
- Assisted in passing new legislation expanding the statute of limitations for intentional torts (testimony to Colorado State Senate committee); §13-80-103.6, C.R.S, effective August 8, 2018
- “FLEEING VIOLENCE AND THE UCCJEA: How to use the UCCJEA to keep families safe during interstate custody litigation.” February 2017, pp. 11-14. Boulder County Bar Newsletter. Retrieve from http://pub.lucidpress.com/0be6ef12-cf15-4d65-ba8e-f4694b37336e/#~BCkmB~HyWrz.
- “Civil Dis-Union: is Domicile Required for Civil Union Dissolution?” July/August 2013, pp. 1, 4, 8. Boulder County Bar Newsletter. Retrieve from https://www.boulder-bar.org/resources/Documents/bcba_07_13_v2.pdf