Colorado Super Lawyer
Boulder County Bar Association John Robert Marshall Pro Bono Award
Ron Porter Community Service Award
Boulder County Bar Association Pro Bono Award Individual
100% Firm Participation
1994-2004, 2008-2011, 2014-2018
2000 Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Case of the Year Finalist
Schuler v. City of Boulder
Born and raised in Colorado, Mr. Jung obtained his B.A. from Adams State College in 1984. He obtained his Juris Doctor from Washburn University, School of Law in 1987.
Mr. Jung has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in real estate in 2006 and 2014-2017. He was nominated as a case of the year finalist for Schuler v. City of Boulder, by the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association in 2000. He has also received Pro-Bono Awards by the Boulder County Bar Association from 1993-2004, 2008-2011, and the John Robert Marshall Pro Bono Award in 2016. He received the Ron Porter Community Service Award by the Boulder County Bar Association in 2000. Mr. Jung has been active in community non-profits as past chair and director for I Have a Dream Foundation of Boulder County and the Serenity Center for Personal Growth.
Prior to founding the firm of Jung, Karavas & Kranz, P.C.., Mr. Jung was a partner at the Denver law firm of Grund, Dagner & Jung; previous to that, Mr. Jung was president and owner of the Boulder firm Jung & Associates, P.C., where he practiced in the area of real estate and business with an emphasis in litigation. He has been lead trial counsel in complex commercial and real estate litigation which include real estate transactions, access and boundary disputes, condemnation, title issues, antitrust, international trade, patent and copyright infringement, trade secret theft, and contract issues. Corporate transactions include formation, acquisitions, mergers, and sales. His real estate practice includes sales, land use, and development.
Mr. Jung has also been qualified and has testified as an expert in the area of easements.
Adams State College – B.A. 1984
Washburn University, School of Law – J.D., 1987
State of Colorado, 1988
United States District Court for the District of Colorado, 1988
United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1997
United States Supreme Court, 1999
Colorado Bar Association
Real Estate Law Section Council Member, 2018 – present
Boulder County Bar Association
Co-chair Business Section, 2003-2004
Co-chair Real Estate Section, 2014-2016
Treasurer, 2018 – present
Boulder County Bar Foundation
Sustaining Life Fellow, Director, 2018 – present
Boulder County Partners, Inc., Director, 2002-2004
Boulder County I Have a Dream Foundation Mentor, 1998-2005
Past Chair and Director, 1995-2001
The Serenity Center for Personal Growth, Boulder, CO, Past Chair and Mentor, 1990-1992
- Title Issues Created by Standard Real Estate Contract Forms, speaker, CLE, Boulder County Bar Association, Boulder, CO., March 2018.
- Ethics & Professionalism in Divisive Times (Co-Author), All Bar CLE Presentation, Boulder, CO (December 2017)
- Resolving Real Estate-related Disputes in Colorado (Co-Author), National Business Institute, Denver, CO (December 2014)
- Title Commitments – Nuts and Bolts, Boulder County Bar Association, Boulder, CO (September 2014)
- Resolving Real Estate Title Defects, National Business Institute, Denver, CO (August 2008)
- Real Estate Transactions: Simple Becomes Solid (Litigation Perspectives), National Business Institute, Denver, CO (November 2006)
- Public Employee’s Right to Free Speech, Boulder County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, Boulder, CO (May 17, 2005)
- Buying and Selling the Mom and Pop Business in Colorado, National Business Institute, Denver, CO (November 2003)
- Public Symposium on Recent Events in Corporate America and the New Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Moderator and Speaker, Boulder County Bar Association (November 2002)
- Short Sale Assistance in Colorado and Under MARS, Colorado Lawyer (January 2012)
- Resolving Real Estate Title Defects, Co-Author, National Business Institute, Denver, CO (August 2008)
- Real Estate Transactions: Simple Becomes Solid (Litigation Perspectives), Co-Author, National Business Institute, Denver, CO (November 2006)
- Ethical Obligations When Representing or Advising in the Sale or Purchase of a Closely-Held Business, Boulder County Bar Association Newsletter (December 2003)
- Buying and Selling the Mom and Pop Business in Colorado, Co-Author, National Business Institute, Denver, CO (November 2003)
- Corporate Fraud – Is Anyone Doing Anything?, Co-Author, Boulder County Bar Association Newsletter (December 2002)
- Free Speech – Public Employee’s Right to Blow the Whistle, 47 Trial Talk, Issue 6 (June 1998)
- Analysis of the 1995 Amendments to the Motor Vehicle Repair Act of 1977, Colorado Lawyer (December 1996)
Graham Gerritsen earned his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law in 2013. Aside from his three years in Austin he has lived in Boulder all his life, including earning his bachelor’s in Economics from CU in 2009.
Gerritsen wasted no time returning to Colorado after law school and spent his early legal career as the in-house attorney for a publicly-traded microcap in Boulder, advising on a wide range of corporate, commercial, and employment matters, including corporate finance, securities regulation compliance, and general business advice. His practice continues to focus on advising growing businesses as well as handling real estate matters.
Gerritsen is active in both the Colorado Bar Association and the Boulder County Bar Association; he currently serves as chair of the CBA’s Cannabis Law Committee and is the articles editor for the Colorado Lawyer’s cannabis law content. When not practicing law, he enjoys traveling, trying new foods, and being outdoors.